Thursday, September 4, 2008

Webcasts, and Blogs, and Tech Tools…OH MY!

In the age of the 21st Century data deluge how’s an innovative educator supposed to keep up with all the information out there? If you’re like me every time you turn around, pick up a book, stumble across a website, attend a presentation, etc. etc. etc. you learn about a new tech tool, tip, trick, blog or webcast and more. First there were wikis, blogs, and podcasts, then there were Ning, UStream, and Twitter. While the technologies sound great, it seems nearly impossible to keep up with them all and how do you follow up to see who is using what and how it’s working?

In response to this issue, I have set up The Innovative Educator site where I have shared videos, webcasts, blogs, recommendations for parents, and more that I have found helpful in my work. I have also set up several discussion forums so readers can share their recommendations and comment on using the tools and suggestions posted on the site. It is my hope that this will be a valuable resource for educators.

I invite you to visit The Innovative Educator and if you like it, post a comment to share your feedback with others. If you have any suggestions please post them on the site. If you want to contact me directly about comments, thoughts, or suggestions, email me at theinnovativeeducator@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment